Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homework 3


     Description of what I have done with Blender

For these models, I've played around with most of the basic tools for manipulating objects. Primarily, the work involved subdivision, extrusion, rotation, duplication, and scale. Happily, I got comfortable with the major keyboard shortcuts (GX, EY, EZ, SX, etc) and found some interface settings that worked well for me in addition to having some things go hilariously wrong with manipulating objects.

     Description of how these objects fit into my team game

Here I made a model of a laptop, a shotgun, and a dummy character. Because my team game is a typing-based FPS that sees an armed main character infiltrate guarded facility and hack into computers to complete a mission, the roles these models could have in the game are fairly straightforward. The dummy, though, is probably not a final version of a character - it follows the stylized, simplified aesthetic I've encouraged my team to lean towards for character design, but in its current incarnation will very possibly be just a placeholder until we finalize a design for the actual characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment